Mission & Vision
Conduct collaborative research to prevent, treat, and cure pediatric rheumatic diseases.
A world free of limitations from pediatric rheumatic diseases.
- Inclusiveness - We operate transparently and maximize stakeholder participation.
- Trust - Individually and collectively, we are reliable partners in managing, conducting and sharing research.
- Impact - We focus on activities of greatest significance to our stakeholders.
- Innovation - We continuously look for ways to improve our research and operations.
CARRA and its members will:
- Support studies that can help build an evidence base for effective care for children with rheumatic disease
- Give priority to investigator-initiated protocols
- Assign priority for research development on the basis of scientific merit and impact
- Commit to enrolling patients in research studies
- Institute transparent and clearly articulated operating principles, including organizational structure, governance, protocol selection, protocol development, and publication mechanisms
- Elect alliance leadership in a democratic fashion
- Ensure high standards of performance, accountability, and ethics for members
- Develop and provide resources to centers and investigators to maximize participation in research studies
- Encourage and support inclusion of epidemiologic and translational research in association with clinical studies
- Embrace data sharing and dissemination of results as a core principle
- Commit to developing protocols for all rheumatic diseases of childhood
- Respond rapidly to funding opportunities
- Foster relationships with members of other organizations who support CARRA’s mission and vision