CARRA Registry Associate
Not currently accepting applications.
The CARRA Registry Associate position will support 15% effort for 21 months using funds received via our partnership with the Arthritis Foundation.
The CARRA Registry Associate will:
- Serve as liaison between DCRI and the CARRA SLE and JDM groups regarding Registry enrollment, data monitoring, and facilitate data analysis for abstract and manuscript preparation.
- Provide oversight of and mentorship to CARRA Registry interns
- Actively participate in weekly Registry Operations team calls (Mondays at 11:00am ET), bi-weekly Registry Intern conference calls, and occasional colloquia or program workshops.
- Work with the CARRA Registry Scientific Director (Tim Beukelman), the Registry PI’s (Yuki Kimura and Laura Schanberg), and the Director of Research Operations (Miranda Wenzlaff).
- Attend the CARRA Annual Meeting and Operations Team Retreat, as well as additional meetings regarding the CARRA Registry.
Applicants must be current CARRA members, have completed a pediatric rheumatology fellowship and be employed as a pediatric rheumatologist in the United States or Canada. Prior experience with the CARRA Registry is required. Prior experience as a CARRA Registry intern is desirable.
The CARRA Registry and Research Oversight Committee (RROC) will review all applications and interview the top candidates.
Term and Conditions
This is a 21-month position that may be eligible for a renewal. The chosen candidate will receive 15% salary support plus associated fringe and 8% indirects for 21 months. Maximum salary is capped at $200,000. CARRA Registry Associates will acknowledge CARRA and the Arthritis Foundation in any publications that result from work related to the registry done during their tenure or directly resulting from their tenure.
Applications must consist of the following materials as individual PDF documents:
- NIH Biosketch (maximum 5 pages)
- Research Statement: One page (single-spaced, 11 point arial font, 1 inch margins) statement describing your qualifications for the position and how you will contribute to CARRA, as well as how it would fit into your long-term career goals.
- Institutional Letter of Support: Letter signed by division chief or chair stating that there will be 15% protected effort.
- Letter of Recommendation: Signed letter of recommendation from a CARRA member other than the division chief supporting your candidacy.