Not currently accepting applications.
CARRA offered two CARRA Registry Associate positions for the 2020 cycle. The CARRA Registry Associate requires 25% effort for one year. The position may be eligible for a one year renewal, depending on availability of funds and/or productivity. This opportunity is supported through funds received via our partnership with the Arthritis Foundation.
The CARRA Registry is a multicenter observational registry that supports data collection on patients with pediatric-onset rheumatic diseases. It is utilized to answer pressing questions regarding pediatric rheumatic diseases, including drug safety. The Associate position is designed to immerse the applicant in the operational, scientific and leadership aspects of the CARRA Registry. This is a unique opportunity for Associates to interact intensively with the CARRA Registry leadership team, other Associates and early investigators, and to learn skills and gain knowledge that will enrich pediatric rheumatology research and practice.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The CARRA Registry Associate will:
- Be mentored primarily by the CARRA Registry Scientific Director (Tim Beukelman) and secondarily by the Registry PI’s (Yuki Kimura and Laura Schanberg),
- Work directly with the Director and Assistant Director of the CARRA Registry Associate program (Mary Beth Son and Marinka Twilt),
- Work with Registry directors and mentors to develop goals and timeline for Year One of this position, and provide a final Year One plan by 8/1/2020,
- Work with the CARRA Registry team to learn site management and registry finances,
- Actively participate in bimonthly Registry Operations team calls (2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 11:00 am ET), and occasional colloquia or program workshops,
- Provide updates regarding projects twice a month via email and participation in monthly Registry Associate conference calls,
- Attend the CARRA Annual Meeting, the annual CARRA Registry Site Retreat, and the annual Registry Operations Team Retreat, as well as any additional meetings regarding the CARRA Registry,
- Be responsible for preparing manuscripts, abstracts, and delivering presentations in support of the CARRA Registry as directed by the Registry team and based on the Associate’s own interests,
- Engage in service projects assigned by Registry leadership and associate-directed projects approved by leadership,
- Provide written quarterly progress reports,
- Work with Registry directors and mentors to develop a plan for Year Two; provide a written plan for Year Two by April 30, 2021,
- Be required to acknowledge their position in any publications that result from work related to the registry done during their tenure.
Applicants must be current CARRA members, have completed a pediatric rheumatology fellowship and be employed as a pediatric rheumatologist in the United States or Canada. Graduating Fellows and Early Investigators are encouraged to apply.
The CARRA Registry and Research Oversight Committee (RROC) will review all applications and interview the top candidates. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
This is a one-year position that follows the academic cycle. The position may be eligible for a one year renewal, depending on availability of funds and/or productivity. Associates who wish to renew for a second must submit a renewal request accompanied by a progress report and written plan for Year Two by April 30, 2021.
The chosen associate(s) will receive 25% salary support plus associated fringe and 8% indirects for one year. Percent effort for a second year will be determined during the renewal process. Maximum salary is capped at $200,000.
Applications must consist of the following materials as individual PDF documents:
- NIH Biosketch (maximum limit of 5 pages).
- Research Statement: One page (single-spaced, 11 point Arial font, 1 inch margins) statement describing what you hope to contribute and to gain from this experience, as well as how it would fit into your long-term career goals.
- Institutional Letter of Support: Letter signed by division chief or chair stating that there will be 25% protected effort for these activities.
- Letter of Recommendation: Signed letter of recommendation from a CARRA member other than the division chief supporting your candidacy.
- References: Provide the names and contact information for two references to call. At least one reference must be a CARRA member outside their institution who has worked with the candidate on CARRA activities.
Email [email protected] if you have questions about the application process. Email Assistant Director of the CARRA Registry Associate Program, (Marinka Twilt, [email protected]) with questions about the program and potential Registry projects.