THIS WEEK - 1/31/2022
CARRA 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting Updates
It's easy to save the date for ASM 2022!
Need to Know
- The online event will run May 2 - 3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
- Preconference and workgroup meetings will be held in the weeks prior
- Schedule and details to come
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
- TODAY is the last day to renew without late fees
- You can still receive 10% off multi-year memberships, but offer ends TOMORROW, Feb. 1
- Late fees will be assessed TOMORROW, Feb. 1
- Dues and fees
- Contact Administrative & Membership Manager Erica Bowring with questions
Upcoming CARRA Elections
- Membership Committee & Elections Committee
- Nominate yourself or a colleague beginning today, Jan. 31
2022 CARRA Awards
There are now five awards for which you can nominate yourself or a colleague.
Nominations are due March 1.
- CARRA Outstanding Service Award
- CARRA Outstanding Research Coordinator Award
- CARRA Outstanding Workgroup Leader Award
- CARRA Outstanding Patient/Caregiver Service Award
- CARRA Early Investigator Award
LEARN MORE & NOMINATE
All Spring Cycle Grants (Small, Fellow, Career Development, Implementation Science, ABC)
- Application portal opens Feb. 14
- Application portal closes March 14, 11:59 CT
- Requests for DSSC approval and RROC Letters of Support due Feb. 1
- Only applies to proposals intending to utilize CARRA Registry data or proposing the collection of new data/biosamples
Career Development Award and Implementation Science Testing Grant
- Letters of Intent due Feb. 14
Advancing Biosample Collection in the CARRA Registry
- Requests for TRTC Letters of Support due Feb. 1
Updates & Contracts
Have you changed institutions? Or your mailing address? Whatever the change might be, CARRA can best support you when we have your most current contact information. Update your profile today!
PReS Academy: MAS-sJIA Hybrid Course
March 17-18 | Rome, Italy | 200 €
- sJIA and MAS immunology and pathogenesis
- Moving from clinical trials to early treatment to treat-to-target
- Handling of refractory cases
- MAS-ILD pathogenesis and management
Expert speakers include CARRA members. Visit the course site for details.
Real Talk About JA & Emotional Health: Balance and Boundaries
- Free webinar is designed for young adults ages 18 - 25
- Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022
- Hosted by a young adult with arthritis and a psychologist specializing in chronic illness.
- Participants will also learn the importance of emotional balance and self-reflection, new ways of thinking about emotional well-being, how to find in-person or virtual mental health resources and more.
Arthritis Foundation Champions College Scholarship
- Application due March 31 at 5 p.m. ET. Application and FAQ's here.