VERITY/Brigham Course for CARRA Fellows and Early Investigators
Not currently accepting applications.
CARRA is pleased to announce that through a partnership with Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School we are able to select one CARRA member to participate in the VERITY/Brigham Course in Rheumatology Clinical Research in Boston, MA at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
The chosen applicant will have their hotel paid for directly by the course organizers and reimbursement of travel expenses to participate in the 6 day course. Course organizers will coordinate travel arrangements with the chosen applicant. Funding for this travel support is provided by NIAMS.
To be eligible for the CARRA opening you must have renewed your CARRA membership and meet the VERITY/Brigham Course in Clinical Research eligibility guidelines:
- The course is for early-stage (typically fellows or junior faculty) investigators pursuing clinical/patient-oriented/epidemiologic research studies in rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- The course is aimed at applicants who are not yet independent, but are currently performing or have performed research investigations.
- Successful applicants will typically hold the academic rank of fellow, Instructor, or Assistant Professor and should be actively performing mentored clinical/patient-oriented/epidemiologic/transitional research studies.
- Applicants holding independent funding (R01 or equivalent) are not eligible.
- Submit your application online
- Once you have submitted your VERITY application, please fill out the VERITY/Brigham Course Opening for CARRA Fellows and Early Investigators application form*.
*This form confirms that you have completed the VERITY application process and authorize CARRA to receive your application materials from the course administrators for review and selection of the CARRA member to receive the open spot.
For questions about the Clinical Research Course, please contact the VERITY program coordinator, Jackie Stratton ([email protected]).
For questions about CARRA’s selection process for this program, contact CARRA Director of Administration, Brian Mondragón Jones ([email protected]).