CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Publication Support Grants
CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Publication Support Grant Applications to Include:
- Publisher Costs Documentation
- Justification Letter (limit 1 page)
Please review the detailed application instructions prior to submission. (Detailed application instructions are coming soon!) CARRA Staff is available to assist with the application process and to answer questions. Contact us by emailing [email protected].
APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Grant Submission System Opening Soon
Important Information for Publication Support Grant Submissions
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The purpose of this funding mechanism is to aid investigators by supporting publications costs (that are not eligible for support from the investigator’s institution or by other funding mechanisms) for CARRA-related manuscripts that have been accepted for publication. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Awards can be up to $2,000 based on publication costs and justification provided. Applications not adhering to requirements will not be considered for funding. Indirect costs are not allowed.
- There is no pre-specified number of grants available.
- The funding limit of this grant mechanism is $2,000.
- Indirect Costs are NOT allowed.
- All awardees of CARRA-Arthritis Foundation funding must abide by the procedures outlined in the CARRA Publications Policy when presenting/publishing findings from their projects. This includes submitting all abstracts and manuscripts to the CARRA Publications Committee for approval prior to submission and acknowledging the support of CARRA and the Arthritis Foundation by including the following language: “The authors wish to acknowledge CARRA, and the ongoing Arthritis Foundation financial support of CARRA.” Refer to the current Publications Policy for complete details.
- Read the CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Publication Support Grant instructions carefully.
- Submit your completed CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Publication Support Grant application via the online grant submission system.
- The project PI must be a current CARRA member in good standing who is up-to-date on both membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status).
- Investigator must have documentation of acceptance for publication by a reputable and indexed academic journal.
- The manuscript must be a CARRA-related project. Examples include manuscripts based on:
- CARRA-sponsored studies such as the Registry, APPLE, the consensus treatment plan pilot studies
- Results from CARRA-Arthritis Foundation grants
- Surveys of the CARRA membership
- work completed in the CARRA workgroups and/or at the CARRA annual meeting
- CARRA Board of Directors and Executive Committee members are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be notified of funding decisions within 2 weeks of application submission.
- Awardees are expected to submit a peer-reviewed abstract to CARRA and present their findings at the CARRA Annual Scientific Meeting(s) based on the funded project.