CARRA-Arthritis FoundationF Fellows Small Grant
The intent of this funding program is to augment the fellow’s research portfolio by supporting a project that extends, enhances or is distinct from their primary scholarly project, as defined and required by the ABP for Board eligibility. It is the expectation of CARRA that fellows and programs will honor this intent.
Funds are not to be used to provide fellow salary support, but can be used to support other personnel essential to the project. Total costs salary support must not exceed 50% of total project costs.
Important information for Fellows Small Grant Submissions
Deadline has passed.
This grant mechanism is exclusively available for fellows entering their third year who wish to perform a CARRA-related research project. The project must not be necessary to meet the ABP requirement for scholarly work product, but it may be supplemental.
- Non-pediatric rheumatology fellows are not eligible.
- Fellows must have a mentor listed on their application. Mentor does not need to be a pediatric rheumatologist.
- Use the template documents provided above and submit your completed CARRA Fellow Small Grant application by March 8, 2018 via the online grant submission system.
CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Fellows Small Grant Applications to Include:
- Abstract (300 word max)
- 2-3 sentence Lay Summary of your project (150 word max)
- Specific Aims (limit 1 page) (Download template: WORD)
- Research Plan (limit 3 pages)
- References (no page limit) (Download template: WORD)
- Budget and Justification (Download template: WORD / PDF)
- CARRA will allow up to 8% F&A (indirect) costs which must be incorporated into the project budget below. If indirect costs are requested, total costs for this project must not exceed $25,000.
- Total costs salary support must not exceed 50% of total project costs. Salary support is not allowed for fellows.
- Poster printing and publication costs are not allowed.
- Travel expense requests are not permitted unless required for the conduct of the research. Travel expenses to attend meetings to present this work, for example, are not allowed.
- Other expenses should be discussed with CARRA personnel prior to application submission.
- NIH-formatted Biosketches for PI and all Co-Is (limit 5 pages per biosketch; please combine all biosketches into one PDF with the PI biosketch listed first.)
- Letters of Support
- Required for budgets that include investigator effort (include letter from division chief documenting that % effort is available, and confirming investigator salary).
- Total costs of salary support must not exceed 50% of total project costs.
- Letters of support from collaborators, mentors and institution for all other applications are highly recommended.
Click here to view a pdf document of everything you will be asked to provide in the online grant application form and additional application guidelines.
Use the templates provided when you submit your final application.
APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED