CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Biostatistics Support Grant
The CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Biostatistics Support Grant mechanism (previously known as the Publication Support Grant) is intended to assist CARRA investigators with projects in need of support for the analyses of existing data sets. Limited funds (up to $10,000 in total costs) may be requested to complete a fixed set of tasks that will result in timely publication of results. The investigator should have the data in hand at the time of the application submission. It is anticipated that funds will be used for statistician effort/fee for service to support database cleaning and/or statistical analyses. Funds are not to be used for collecting additional data, investigator effort for drafting manuscripts, publication or printing costs. This mechanism ONLY supports the analysis of CARRA-related datasets. Any proposed work using datasets outside of the CARRA network is not eligible.
CARRA-Arthritis Foundation Biostatistics Support Grant Applications to Include:
- Project Summary/Abstract (300 word max)
- Lay Summary (150 word max)
- Specific Aims (limit 1 page) (Download template: WORD)
- Research Plan (limit 3 pages) (Download template: WORD)
- References (no page limit) (Download template: WORD)
- Budget Table (limit 1 page) (Download template: WORD)
- Budget Justification (Download template: WORD)
- NIH-formatted Biosketches for Principal Investigators and all Co-Investigators (limit 5 pages per biosketch; please combine all biosketches into one PDF with the PI biosketch listed first.)
- Letters of support from collaborators, mentors and institution are highly recommended.
Click here to view a pdf document of everything you will asked to provide in the online grant application form. (Updated instructions coming soon.) Use the templates provided when you submit your final application. CARRA Staff is available to assist with the application process and to answer questions. Contact us by emailing [email protected].
APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Important information for Biostatistics Support Grant Submissions
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Up to 5 grants will be awarded per year.
- The project PI for all grants must be a current CARRA member who is in good standing and current on membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status).
- MD applicants must be at a faculty level.
- PhD and Masters level researchers, nurses and research coordinators are eligible to submit proposals.
- Fellows and residents are NOT eligible.
- Priority will be given to new and/or early investigators.
- The funding limit of this grant mechanism is $10,000 (in total costs).
- A given investigator can only apply for one Biostatistics Support grant per 365 day period.
- A given investigator may also be a recipient of a CARRA large or small grant (in the same year).
- Preference will be given to research that is collaborative in nature and has used CARRA infrastructure.
- Grants will be considered on a rolling basis until 5 are awarded: simply complete and submit your request.
- A progress report is required no later than 45 days after the project period end date.
- Awardees are expected to submit an abstract and attend the CARRA Annual Meeting(s) until the project is complete/final results are presented.
- It is expected that awardees will complete analysis and submit a manuscript for publication based on the funded project within the project period, but no later than 6 months after the project end date.
- Use the template documents provided above and submit your completed Biostatistics Support application via the online grant submission system.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CARRA Scientific Review Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Notification will occur within 6-8 weeks of application submission.