2019 PReS/EULAR Travel Award
CARRA is funding up to 2 travel awards for Early Investigators and/or fellows to attend the EULAR European Congress of Rheumatology 2019, a joint congress with Pediatric Rheumatology European Society (PReS) annual meeting, and the preconference meeting for young/early investigators in Madrid, Spain from June 11 through June 15. This opportunity is open to all CARRA US and Canadian Early Investigators (finished fellowship in 2012 or later) and fellow members. This is an outstanding meeting and a great chance to present your work and network.
The application deadline has passed.
The goals of this travel award are to
- Create collaboration between the CARRA Early Investigator group and the PReS Young Investigator group.
- Give CARRA members an opportunity to give a scientific presentation (oral or poster) at an international meeting.
- Allow CARRA members to attend the very highly-regarded EMEUNET-PReS EMERGE Young Investigators Meeting (YIM), which starts mid-day on June 11, 2019.
- Provide an opportunity for CARRA Early Investigators to network and collaborate with international colleagues.
- Amount: Up to $2,500 per awardee to pay for registration and travel.
- Meeting details: http://www.congress.eular.org/index.cfm
- EULAR abstract submission site (due by January 31): http://www.congress.eular.org/abstract_submission.cfm
- Awardees must commit to attending the entire meeting (including the EMEUNET-PReS EMERGE Young Investigators Meeting).
- Abstracts submitted for this meeting will be published by BMJ Publishing Group Limited and European League Against Rheumatism in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
To be considered for this travel award, you must submit the following to CARRA:
- Draft abstract.
- 1-2 paragraph personal statement: This should consist of less than one page describing yourself, your career goals, and any ongoing research projects. Include details on how you will benefit from this opportunity, and what, if any, specific impact your participation will have on CARRA.
- CV or NIH Biosketch.
- Letter from your division chief stating that you will be allowed to take the time to attend the meeting.
CARRA will review abstracts and make selections before the EULAR abstract submission site closes on January 31, 2019.
Contact CARRA Research Administrator, Portlynne Joseph ([email protected]) with questions about the application process.
These travel awards are made possible through the generous support of the Arthritis Foundation.