2018 PReS Travel Award-Announcement
Applications due April 20, 2018
CARRA is funding up to 2 travel grants for Early Investigator to attend the Pediatric Rheumatology European Society (PReS) annual meeting and PReS Young Investigator Meeting in Lisbon, Portugal from September 5 through September 8. This opportunity is open to all CARRA Fellow members and Early Investigators (finished fellowship in 2011 or later). This is an outstanding meeting and a great chance to present your work and network.
The goals of this are to
- Create collaboration between the CARRA Early Investigator group and the PReS Young Investigator group
- Give CARRA members an opportunity to give a scientific presentation (oral or poster) at an international meeting
- Allow CARRA members to attend the very highly-regarded PReS Young Investigator Meeting (on the day before the PReS meeting starts): http://www.pres.eu/pres2018/young-investigators.html
- Provide an opportunity for CARRA Early Investigators to network and collaborate with international colleagues
- Amount: Up to $2500 per awardee to pay for registration and travel
- Meeting details: http://www.pres.eu/pres2018/index.html
- PReS abstract submission site (due by April 27): http://www.pres.eu/pres2018/abstracts.html
- Awardees must commit to attending the entire meeting (including the Young Investigator Meeting)
To be selected for the travel grant, you must submit the following to CARRA by APRIL 20 at 11:59 PM Eastern:
- Draft abstract
- 1-2 paragraph personal statement: This should consist of less than one page describing yourself, your career goals, and any ongoing translational projects. Include details on how you will benefit from this opportunity, and what, if any, specific impact your participation will have on CARRA.
- CV or Biosketch
- Letter from your division chief stating that you will be allowed to take the time to attend the meeting.
Please submit these materials via this online application form by April 20. This will give us enough time to review abstracts and make selections before the official abstract submission site closes on April 27.
Contact CARRA Research Administrator, Portlynne Joseph ([email protected]) with questions about the application process.