Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Vice Chair Scope of Work
The Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Vice Chair will be responsible for carrying out the mission and vision of this committee, in addition to deliverables and activities outlined below:
- Develop/update communications plan for committee which will be included in the committee’s annual report.
- Provide written updates for newsletters as needed.
- Identify potential successors at least one year prior to expiration of term.
- Fulfills responsibilities of chair when chair is unavailable.
- Lead protocol evaluation subcommittee for SLE.
- Serve as primary facilitator of communications for the committee.
- Attend all monthly Steering Committee meetings (conference calls).
- Attend all face to face meetings of the Steering Committee.
- Attend (in person) the CARRA Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Serve as a CARRA consultant/resource to collaborators and other groups when needed
- Participate in the planning of the Annual Meeting:
- Co-lead (with Chair) the group’s committee meeting,
- Assist with identifying keynote and plenary program speakers
- Work with Chair and Executive Director to determine list of committee workgroups to meet
- Assist the Chair with completion of an annual report including committee and workgroup progress, activities at the annual meeting, and future plans to CARRA by May 30 of each year. Template report to be provided by April 1.
- Assist with planning of committee meetings.
- Support productivity of work groups.
- Communicate regularly with Chair on goals and progress of the committee and its workgroups.
- Provide input into the CARRA Registry data collection and operations relevant to disease.
- Provide input into selection of CARRA grant review committee members.
- Offer guidance and support to CARRA members who are developing and implementing original research ideas, especially young investigators.
- Train new vice chair.
3 years (7/1/21-6/30/24), with the option to run for a second term.
An estimated/average 1-2 hours weekly will be needed to perform these duties. This role includes compensation of 5% of salary plus fringe. CARRA allows for an 8% F&A supplement on salary support. Funding will be provided via a contract with the member’s institution.
Voting members of the SLE Committee who are also members in good standing are eligible to run for this position. A member in good standing meets the following requirements:
- Member is current on membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status) is up-to-date
- Member participates in at least one Research Committee (e.g. JDM, JIA, Rare Diseases, etc.) of CARRA
- Member has attended at least one annual CARRA meeting over the last 3 year period