Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) Chair Scope of Work
The Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) Chair will be responsible for carrying out the mission and vision of this committee, in addition to deliverables and activities outlined below:
- Complete an annual report including committee and workgroup progress, activities at the annual meeting, and future plans to CARRA by May 30 of each year. Template report to be provided by April 1.
- Develop and update your committee’s scientific strategic goals to be presented in the yearly report.
- Participate in the submission of at least one grant application yearly to support CARRA research.
- Take a leadership role in the submission of an external funding application to support CARRA research at least once during each 3 year term.
- Identify potential successors at least one year prior to expiration of term.
- Lead the committee and oversee the general workings of the committee
- Manage the distribution of the group’s discretionary funds
- Facilitate communication within the committee, including regular communication with workgroup leaders
- Attend all monthly Steering Committee meetings (conference calls)
- Attend all face to face meetings of the Steering Committee
- Attend (in person) the CARRA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Serve as a CARRA consultant/resource to collaborators and other groups when needed
- Participate in the planning of the Annual Meeting:
- Co-lead (with Vice Chair) the group’s committee meeting,
- Assist with identifying keynote and plenary program speakers
- Work with Executive Director to determine list of committee workgroups to meet
- Workgroup Leadership:
- Identify workgroup leaders
- Oversee workgroup progress with regular meetings throughout the year with leaders, including assisting with organizing sessions at the Annual Meeting
- Periodically participate in Workgroup conference calls
- Develop new workgroups when sufficient need and interest are present and aligned with the overall strategic plan.
- Communicate at least monthly with Vice Chair on goals and progress of the committee and its workgroups
- Provide input into the CARRA Registry data collection and operations relevant to disease
- Provide input into selection of CARRA grant review committee members
- Offer guidance and support to CARRA members who are developing and implementing original research ideas, especially young investigators
- Train and orient new chair
3 years (7/1/21-6/30/24), with the option to run for a second term.
An estimated/average 3-4 hours weekly will be needed to perform these duties. This role includes compensation of 10% of salary (with a $200,000 maximum) plus fringe. CARRA allows for an 8% F&A supplement on salary support. Funding will be provided via a contract with the member’s institution.
Voting members of the JDM Committee who are also members in good standing are eligible to run for this position. A member in good standing meets the following requirements:
- Member is current on membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status) is up-to-date
- Member participates in at least one Research Committee (e.g. JDM, JIA, Rare Diseases, etc.) of CARRA
- Member has attended at least one annual CARRA meeting over the last 3 year period