Elections Committee Scope of Work
The Committee is chartered to ensure the fairness and integrity of the CARRA elections; establish the schedule and parameters for annual elections; and oversee the annual selection of members of the Steering Committee and other CARRA committees.
The Committee provides reports and recommendations to the Executive Committee for review and approval.
- Keep minutes of all meetings.
- Ensure conformance to Board policies and directives that relate to CARRA electoral policies/procedures.
- Represent the best interests of CARRA at all times; maintaining confidentiality regarding the Committee’s work; and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Annually review and assess the Committee’s performance and the adequacy of this Charter, and recommend any changes to the Executive Committee for approval.
- With the support of CARRA Staff, annually propose an overall timetable for elections.
- With the support of CARRA Staff, execute the needed elections, including: posting ballots to the member constituencies authorized to elect members of the Board; monitoring the counting of ballots and certifying the results of member voting by constituency; publicly announcing the results of the member election; reporting the results of the election to the Executive Committee.
3 years (7/1/21-6/30/24).
Voting members who are also members in good standing are eligible to run for this position. A member in good standing meets the following requirements:
- Member is current on membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status) is up-to-date
- Member participates in at least one Research Committee (e.g. JDM, JIA, Rare Diseases, etc.) of CARRA
- Member has attended at least one annual CARRA meeting over the last 3 year period