2018 CARRA Elections
The CARRA Elections Committee seeks nominations for the following CARRA leadership positions:
- Early Investigator Vice Chair3
- JDM Chair2
- JDM Vice Chair3
- Pain Vice Chair3
- SLE Chair2
- SLE Vice Chair3
- Small Centers Chair2
1Position receives 20% salary support
2Position receives 10% salary support
3Position receives 5% salary support
TWO SEPARATE ELECTIONS
The elections for the Executive Committee and Steering Committee Chair open positions will be held prior to the elections for the Steering Committee Vice Chair open positions.
- Nominations Due: Friday, January 19 (submit nominations here)
- Nominee Applications Due: Friday, February 2 by 8pm Eastern (submit applications here)
- Voting Opens Friday, February 9
- Voting Closes Monday, February 19
- Elected candidates announced to the membership Monday, February 26
Timeline for the 2nd Round* of Elections
Positions on the voting ballot: EI Vice Chair, JDM Vice Chair, Pain Vice Chair, SLE Vice Chair
- Nominations Due: Monday, March 5 (submit nominations here)
- Nominee Applications Due: Monday, March 19 by 8pm Eastern (submit applications here)
- Voting Opens Monday, March 26
- Voting Closes Thursday, April 5
- Elected candidates announced to the membership April, 9
*in the event a run-off is needed in the first election, the timing of the 2 round of elections may be delayed.
- Submit the name and contact information of your nominee (self-nomination or nomination of someone else) at: https://carragroup.org/members/elections/2018-carra-elections-nomination-form
- Nominees for JDM Chair, SLE Chair, and Small Centers Chair, Finance Chair are due no later than Friday, 1/19 at 8 PM Eastern.
- Nominees for EI Vice Chair, JDM Vice Chair, Pain Vice Chair, SLE Vice Chair are due no later than Monday, 3/5 at 8 PM Eastern.
*If you are nominating someone else—we encourage you to let them know. CARRA will contact all nominated candidates the day after the nomination deadline.
- Nominees must submit the following:
- NIH-formatted biosketch
- 1-2 page personal statement which should include:
- A statement of intent-to-serve, if elected
- State why you want to serve in this capacity
- The special skills, knowledge, expertise, and experience you will bring to the office, if elected
- At your discretion, any other relevant information that would assist the electorate in making an informed decision
- Submit materials at http://carragroup.org/members/elections/2018-carra-elections-application-form.
- Applicant materials for JDM Chair, SLE Chair, Small Centers Chair, and Finance are due no later than Friday, 2/2 at 8 PM Eastern.
- Applicant materials for EI Vice Chair, JDM Vice Chair, Pain Vice Chair, and SLE Vice Chair are due no later than Monday, 3/19 at 8 PM Eastern.