Join or Renew
If you have any questions or difficulty logging in, please contact Brian Mondragon Jones, Director of Administration at [email protected] or by phone at (414) 918-9822.
Renewing Your 2019 CARRA Membership:
- You will be required to designate your primary research group (e.g., JDM, JIA, Pain, SVARD, SLE, TRTC). Members of TRTC or Pain may select two primary research groups.
- You will be required to designate your current workgroups. Members interested in joining a workgroup should contact the workgroup leader or the appropriate disease/research committee chair. Visit the CARRA website for more information on CARRA research committees and workgroups.
- CARRA will no longer offer a separate membership category for international members. International Associate Members (pediatric rheumatologists outside of the US and Canada) are now eligible to be full voting members and should renew under the membership category of Pediatric Rheumatologist. You will have full voting rights and be eligible for annual meeting travel reimbursements per the policy that will be posted on the 2019 Annual Meeting page on the CARRA website (annual dues: $150 USD).
- The Health Care Associate Member category has been divided into two categories:
- Associate Health Care Member, for nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physician assistants, psychologists and other non-physician healthcare providers who actively care for children with rheumatic diseases (annual dues: $50 USD).
- Associate Physician Member, for physicians with a non-Pediatric Rheumatology specialty who actively cares for children with rheumatic diseases and who do not meet the criteria to become a sponsored voting member (annual dues: $100 USD).
- Fellows should renew under the membership category of Fellow Member (annual dues: none)
To print an invoice and mail a check for your renewal, you will need to go through the renewal process. When you get to the 'Payment Options' screen, you have the option to either pay by credit card or print an invoice. Choose "Print an invoice" and then proceed. You will get a message that says, "Thank you for renewing your CARRA membership. A confirmation e-mail has been sent to your email. Please click here to download and print a copy of your invoice."
If you have any questions about printing an invoice, or need assistance, please contact CARRA at [email protected] or 414-918-9822.
2019 CARRA Membership Categories and Dues
Membership in CARRA includes access to the Members-Only Collaboration site, free registration for the Annual Scientific Meeting, and opportunities to engage with CARRA Research Committees.
The member categories and dues, are as follows:
|Membership Category||New Membership Fee||Annual Renewal Fee
(Paid prior to 2/1)
|Annual Renewal Fee
(Paid after 2/1)
|Sponsored Voting Member||$150||$150||$200|
|Associate Physician Member||$100||$100||$125|
|Associate Health Care Member||$50||$50||$75|
|Research Coordinator Member||$0||$0||$0|
Licensed pediatric rheumatologists who are either Board certified or Board eligible and who spend at least 50% of professional effort in pediatric rheumatology.
Sponsored Voting Member
Health care professionals or research scientists in the United States or Canada who meet the following requirements:
Must be sponsored by at least two (2) Voting Members of CARRA, at least one of whom is outside the candidate’s institution,
AND HAVE EITHER
a) served as the Principal Investigator of a study undertaken within CARRA, OR
b) for more than five (5) years committed at least 50% of professional effort in a field relevant to pediatric rheumatology, and published at least three peer reviewed articles in a field relevant to pediatric rheumatology.
At the discretion of the Steering Committee, a CARRA member who is no longer active in clinical research can be identified as an Emeritus Member.
Associate Health Care Member
A nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, physician assistant, psychologist and other non-physician health care provider who actively cares for children with rheumatic diseases.
Associate Physician Member
A physician with a non-Pediatric Rheumatology specialty who actively cares for children with rheumatic diseases and who do not meet the criteria to become a sponsored voting member.
United States or Canada: A physician licensed in the United States or Canada who is currently participating in an approved Pediatric Rheumatology* Fellowship program.
*A fellow from another field such as dermatology, allergy/immunology, and nephrology will be considered for fellow membership if he/she is working directly with a CARRA member in a pediatric rheumatology clinic. A letter of sponsorship from a CARRA Voting Member is required for fellows located outside of the United States or Canada and for non-pediatric rheumatology fellows.
International: International physicians who are participating in training programs and not yet pediatric rheumatologists may apply for CARRA Fellow membership. Application must be accompanied by a letter from his/her program director confirming this status.
Research Coordinator Member
A clinical research coordinator in the United States or Canada who actively works with studies related to children with rheumatic disease. A letter of sponsorship from a CARRA Voting Member is required.
A pediatric resident, graduate or medical student in the United States or Canada. A letter of support/sponsorship from a CARRA Voting Member is required.
To make changes to your contact information, communication preferences, or to provide training information, please login to the Members area.
If you have been given a temporary password, please login with those credentials and then click here to reset your username and/or password.
If you have any questions about CARRA membership or the application/renewal process, please contact the CARRA Business Office at [email protected] or by phone at (414) 918-9822.