CARRA 2017 Elections
2017 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS TIMELINE
The CARRA Elections Committee seeks nominations for the following CARRA leadership positions1 (click on the position name for additional information regarding each role):
- Early Investigator Chair2 – View Runoff Election Candidates
- RAAC Chair2
- RAAC Vice Chair3
- SVARD Chair2
- SVARD Vice Chair3
- TRTC Chair2
- TRTC Vice Chair3
1All positions have 3 year terms (7/1/17-6/30/20)
2Position receives 10% salary support
3Position receives 5% salary support
Members must be current on any applicable membership dues in order to run for the above positions.
NEW THIS YEAR: TWO SEPARATE ELECTIONS
The elections for the Steering Committee Chair open positions will be held prior to the elections for the Publications Committee Chair and Steering Committee Vice Chair open positions.
Timeline for the 1st Round of Elections (VOTING COMPLETE)
Positions on the voting ballot: Early Investigator Chair, RAAC Chair, SVARD Chair, TRTC Chair
- Nominations Due: Wednesday, February 22
- Nominee Applications Due: Wednesday, March 8 by 8pm Eastern
- Voting Opens Monday, March 13
- Voting Closes Friday, March 24
- Elected candidates announced to the membership Tuesday, March 28
Timeline for the 2nd Round* of Elections
Positions on the voting ballot: RAAC Vice Chair, SVARD Vice Chair, TRTC Vice Chair, Publications Committee Chair
- Nominations Due: Friday, March 31 (submit nominations here)
- Nominee Applications Due: Wednesday, April 12 (submit applications here)
- Voting Opens Monday, April 17
- Voting Closes Friday, April 28
- Elected candidates announced to the membership May 2
*in the event a run-off is needed in the first election, the timing of the 2nd round of elections may be delayed.
- Submit the name and contact information of your nominee (self-nomination or nomination of someone else) at https://form.jotform.com/carragroup/CARRA2017ElectionNominations .
- Nominees for Early Investigator Chair, RAAC Chair, SVARD Chair, TRTC Chair are due no later than Wednesday, Feb 22 at 8 PM Eastern.
- Nominees for RAAC Vice Chair, SVARD Vice Chair, TRTC Chair, TRTC Vice Chair, Publications Committee Chair are due no later than Friday March 31, at 8 PM Eastern.
*If you are nominating someone else—we encourage you to let them know. CARRA will contact all nominated candidates the day after the nomination deadline (Feb 23 for round 1, April 1 for round 2).
- Nominees must submit the following:
- NIH-formatted biosketch
- 1-2 page personal statement which should include:
- A statement of intent-to-serve, if elected
- State why you want to serve in this capacity
- The special skills, knowledge, expertise, and experience you will bring to the office, if elected
- At your discretion, any other relevant information that would assist the electorate in making an informed decision
- Submit materials at https://form.jotform.com/carragroup/CARRA2017NomineeApplications
- Applicant materials for Early Investigator Chair, RAAC Chair, SVARD Chair, TRTC Chair are due no later than Wednesday, March 8 at 8 PM Eastern.
- Applicant materials for RAAC Vice Chair, SVARD Vice Chair, TRTC Chair, TRTC Vice Chair, Publications Committee Chair are due no later than Wednesday, April 12 at 8 PM Eastern.
Election Process/Voting Eligibility
- CARRA voting members (pediatric rheumatologists and sponsored voting members) are eligible to vote in CARRA elections.
- Candidate materials will be available for review on the CARRA website (https://carragroup.org/elections) during the voting period.
- Electronic ballots will be distributed to all voting members.
- Voting in your area(s) of interest is an expectation of CARRA voting members. If the position up for election is not in your area of expertise, you may abstain from voting for that position.
Research Associate (Coordinator) Advisory Committee Chair and Vice Chair Elections
- Research Associate (coordinator) members are not “voting members” of CARRA, however they are permitted and expected to vote in the elections for the RAAC chair and vice chair.
Download/View a PDF version of the 2017 CARRA Elections Timeline.
Contact Kelly Mieszkalski ([email protected] or 919.668.7531) with questions.