Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) mission is to conduct collaborative research to prevent, treat, and cure pediatric rheumatic diseases. We envision a world free of limitations from pediatric rheumatic diseases.
In conjunction with the Sr. Director of Research Operations, the Chief Executive Officer and select members of the business development committee, the overall objective and responsibility of the Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations is to build and execute CARRA’s corporate and foundation relations efforts and generate revenue in alignment with CARRA’s strategic plan. We are seeking a ‘roll-up’ your sleeves fundraising professional, with expertise in corporate and foundation relations. We seek a candidate that is mission-focused, passionate, hard-working who is interested in changing the lives of children with Rheumatic diseases.
The position is responsible for building, growing and maintaining the corporate and foundation donor base through cultivation of new sponsorships, partnerships and corporate responsibility programs and sustains those through account and relationship management. The position will maintain donor data in CARRA’s Salesforce-based data management system, and stay on top of the relevant trends, write and respond to proposals.
The individual in this role will work to advance CARRA’s mission and vision, core values, and articulate CARRA’s mission to donors and prospects in a way that both educates and compels them to give.
- Work closely with CARRA’s CEO and the Senior Director of Research operations to develop and implement strategies and tactics to raise money through vested corporations, foundations and other available grant opportunities to support CARRA programs and research.
- Takes initiative on a consistent basis to identify additional prospects through a systematic program of research and evaluation.
- Takes a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with staff and volunteer leaders that would result in the securing of new funds to support programs and research efforts
- Strategically cultivate new and existing opportunities with the end goal of creating new funding relationships for CARRA
- Coordinates the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate, foundation and other partners, teams and alliances.
- Create and implement an annual development plan that defines strategies for corporate, foundation, and grants to meet revenue targets.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask, set priorities and remain flexible under pressure.
- Work with CEO and Director of Finance to manage income and expenses associated with corporate giving budget and to support the development of comprehensive financial records. Maintains a working knowledge of CARRA’s history, key initiatives that drive the support of the mission
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Develops an annual operating budget for program development and monitors financial performance vs. budget.
- Consistently delivers quality work products by deadline.
- History of being able to raise multi-million targets from foundations and grants including corporate partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related field required
- Minimum of 6 years fundraising experience with foundations and grants and knowledge of best practices and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience generating organizational and program budgets
- Experience researching, using and securing gifts through foundation and grants networks.
- Grant and foundation writing experience
- Effective communication and the ability to interact with others clearly and empathetically.
- Consistent record of success setting and meeting ambitious development and fundraising goals.
- Makes appropriate decisions based on relevant information and experience
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Position is remote.
How to Apply
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.