2018 Annual Meeting
Save the Date! The 2018 CARRA Annual Meeting will be held April 12-15, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Denver, Colorado.
Located in the heart of downtown, Hyatt Regency Denver offers easy access to an incredible selection of arts and entertainment and prime attractions, like 16th Street Mall. Our Colorado Convention Center hotel features modern and inviting accommodations, personalized service, and an extensive array of amenities, making your stay productive and fun.
Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center
Hotel reservations and registration are scheduled to open January 31, 2018. We will send an announcement as soon as they are available.
CARRA is grateful to the following organizations for their generous support of 2018 Scientific Meeting
Abstract submission is now open for the 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and selected for either oral or poster presentation.
All recipients of CARRA-AF grants (small grants, large grants, and publications support grants) are required to submit an abstract and present a poster at the 2018 detailing results and/or current status of their project.
All abstracts will be published in an online supplement to Pediatric Rheumatology, which will be available in May of 2018. In order to facilitate the publication process, we require all abstracts to follow the publisher's abstract guidelines. The abstract guidelines and sample abstract are provided here:
Abstract Deadline: January 22, 2018
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018
To address the shortage of pediatric rheumatologists and to expose pediatric residents to the field of rheumatology, CARRA has created the Pediatric Residents Program. The goals of the CARRA Pediatric Residents Program are to:
- Provide pediatric residents with access to the broad pediatric rheumatology community through participation in CARRA's Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Encourage interested pediatric residents to consider rheumatology as a subspecialty, thus improve patient access to pediatric rheumatologists.
To help achieve these goals, CARRA is providing funds to support pediatric residents’ attendance at the Annual CARRA Scientific Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Denver in Denver, CO from April 12-15, 2018. Awardees will be teamed with a CARRA member from another state/institution who will help guide their experience at the meeting.
CARRA 2018 Annual Meeting Reimbursement Policy
CARRA members may be eligible for travel reimbursement to help cover the costs associated with attending the meeting. To be eligible for reimbursement, members must meet the following criteria:
- Annual dues paid prior to April 1, 2018.
- Membership renewal complete (this includes updating/verifying all membership record information) prior to April 1, 2018.
- Member must stay at the conference hotel and book their rooms prior to March 21, 2018.
- Member must be present for the full conference.
- Meeting evaluation must be completed.
- Copies of original receipts must be provided. Credit card statements are not acceptable (no exceptions).
Questions on the CARRA 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting? Contact CARRA Meetings & Membership Manager, Nicole Dahms, at [email protected] or 414-918-9822.