Conduct collaborative research to prevent, treat and cure pediatric rheumatic diseases.
A world free of limitations from pediatric rheumatic diseases.
CARRA members will work together to capitalize on opportunities, actively develop a structure and a scientific agenda, and collaborate with potential funding sources to create a research alliance that benefits our patients.
CARRA and its members will:
- Support studies that can help build an evidence base for effective care for children with rheumatic disease
- Give priority to investigator-initiated protocols
- Assign priority for research development on the basis of scientific merit and impact
- Commit to enrolling patients in research studies
- Institute transparent and clearly articulated operating principles, including organizational structure, governance, protocol selection, protocol development, and publication mechanisms
- Elect alliance leadership in a democratic fashion
- Ensure high standards of performance, accountability, and ethics for members
- Develop and provide resources to centers and investigators to maximize participation in research studies
- Encourage and support inclusion of epidemiologic and translational research in association with clinical studies
- Embrace data sharing and dissemination of results as a core principle
- Commit to developing protocols for all rheumatic diseases of childhood
- Respond rapidly to funding opportunities
- Foster relationships with members of other organizations who support CARRA’s mission and vision