JDM/JPM Enrollment Criteria Expanded!
CARRA has modified the existing criteria to allow a longer period of prior treatment (up to 12 weeks) for enrolling patients with Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) and Juvenile Polymyositis (JPM) into the CARRA Registry.
Sites with IRB approval for the most recent version of the CARRA Registry Protocol (Version 3, dated 10.15.2017) and approval from DCRI* may enroll the following patients in the CARRA Registry:
- JDM or JPM diagnosis is made by a qualified pediatric rheumatologist, dermatologist, or neurologist prior to the patient’s 19th birthday
- Onset of symptoms prior to age 19, age at enrollment <21 years
- JDM or JPM diagnosis is made within 6 months prior to registry enrollment
- Patient has received no more than 12 weeks (previously 6 weeks) of systemic medications at the time of registry enrollment
- No alternate explanation for findings (infection, endocrinopathy, other autoimmune disease such as SLE, congenital/inherited myopathy or dystrophy, etc)
*Sites must also submit signed protocol signature page for protocol Version 3 to DCRI.
Contact DCRI at [email protected] with any questions.