Utrecht Summer School CARRA Sponsorship Program 2018
Call for Applications
2nd Annual Utrecht Summer School CARRA Sponsorship Program
Deadline: March 26, 2018
CARRA is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for up to 2 early investigators to receive sponsorship to participate in this year’s Utrecht summer school program course entitled “Translational Medicine: Doing the Right Research Right.” Fellows with established translational research interests will also be considered for this opportunity. The course will take place July 9 – July 13, 2018 in Utrecht, Netherlands. The sponsorship will cover the 800 Euro tuition (which includes housing and lunches), round trip coach airfare and $250 for incidental expenses.
This course, tackles the intrinsic difficulties of effective translational medicine in rare and orphan diseases and is meant for early stage researchers with an interest in this field. A full course description can be found on Utrecht’s Summer School program’s website. This course is open to participants from a wide range of disciplines and will be led by a pediatric rheumatologist.
- Currently an early investigator (<7 years post-fellowship; no age maximum) or fellow with established translational research interests and experience
- Current CARRA member (early investigators must be current with paid 2018 membership dues)
- Your CV
- A personal statement: This should consist of less than one page describing yourself, your career goals, and any ongoing translational projects. Include details on how you will benefit from this opportunity, and what, if any, specific impact your participation will have on CARRA.
- Letter of support from current division chief or program director stating that you will be permitted to attend.
How to Apply
Interested early investigators and fellows should complete the application form and submit requested materials by March 26. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified by April 18.
- Funds we be provided as reimbursement after the meeting. Copies of original receipts are required.
- Selected participants will be asked to provide a write-up about their experience for the CARRA newsletter.
APPLY HERE BY MARCH 26
If you have any questions about the program or applying for sponsorship, please contact Brian Mondragon Jones ([email protected]).