Finance Chair/Treasurer SOW
- Serve as Chair of the Finance Committee and if appointed by CARRA’s Board of Directors, as Treasurer of CARRA, Inc.
- Serve as member of Executive Committee and Steering Committee
- Attend Executive Committee calls weekly (Wednesday 3-4:30 EST)
- Attend SC meetings monthly (2nd Friday 2-3:30 EST)
- Lead monthly Finance Committee meetings
- Develop long term financial goals with funding strategies to support these
- Review and approve an annual operating budget developed by staff
- Review and approve CARRA invoices over $10k
- Review, approve and monitor adherence to budget with Finance Committee
- Present financial goals and report to the Board of Directors for review and approval
- Work with CARRA’s lawyers, accountants, business consultants, and Executive Director to ensure CARRA compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with Executive Director on CARRA contracts as needed
- Broadly support the organization with any needed activities
- Travel as representative of CARRA as needed
- Must have previously served on the Steering Committee.
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Member is current on membership dues and membership information (location, contact information, and membership status) is up-to-date
- Member participates in at least one Research Committee (e.g. JDM, JIA, SVARD, etc.) of CARRA
- Member has attended at least one annual CARRA meeting over the last 3 year period
Serve 2-year term as Finance Chair, then, if approved by a vote of confidence from the membership and appointed by CARRA’s Board of Directors, serve a 2-year term as Vice-President, and then, if approved by a vote of confidence from the membership and appointed by CARRA’s Board of Directors, serve a 2-year term as President, followed by a 2-year term as Past President.
An estimated/average 8 hours weekly will be needed to perform these duties. This role includes compensation of 20% of salary plus fringe.